Datagen is seeking a Senior Applied AI Scientist to solve the most challenging algorithmic challenges that the company is facing. The company solves the largest and most challenging problem in modern computer vision -- acquiring labelled data at scale -- by developing proprietary state-of-the-art technologies for photorealistic simulations of the real world. For this role, we are seeking an experienced scientist capable of leveraging state-of-the-art AI techniques (deep generative models, neural networks interpretation, etc...) to tackle our most challenging AI projects.
In this role, you will:
- Work on neural networks visualizations and interpretations techniques in order to derive how our data should be improved.
- Work on deep generative modeling (GANs, VAEs, etc…) to increase variance in our 3D synthetic data generators.
- Work on Image-to-image translation deep learning models architectures to improve the effectiveness of our data.
- Contribute your knowledge and experience to the overall algorithmic strategy and roadmap.
- Take an impact-driven approach to leverage technology to solve business problems.
For this role, you must have:
- 10+ years of academic/industry experience in Computer Vision algorithms
- At least MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Math, with PhD preferred
- Experience with both learning-based (deep learning, etc.) and geometric-based (SLAM, Multiple-View Geometry, etc.) approaches to Computer Vision
- Full proficiency with Pytorch (preferred) or Tensorflow and Python
- Ability to read and understand papers quickly and precisely
- Ability to independently run open-source research code (use Docker, solve conflicts in libraries, etc.)
- Strong mathematical skills
- A track-record of algorithmic contributions that have translated into real-world impact
Extra preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in 3D graphics
- Knowledge of Computational 3D geometry