DataGen is seeking a Deep Learning Engineer to help us research best practices of using synthetic data and show their effectiveness across a wide-range of deep learning tasks. This is the perfect opportunity for an energetic person with strong machine learning skills to gain expert-level experience in utilizing synthetic data to solve real-world problems, while providing tremendous impact to the company. This role will be a core part of our growing Algorithms Team.
In this role, you will:
- Train many deep learning models for various tasks (object detection, instance segmentation, depth estimation, etc...) using both synthetic and real data.
- Analyze the training results to understand how the data and training should be improved.
- Write both internal and external technical reports and presentations (unique opportunity to get your name out there as a synthetic data expert!)
- Given excellent performance and results, publish and present to academic conferences.
For this role, you must have:
- 1 year experience (or equivalent in online courses and side projects) of deep learning foundations and applications.
- 1 year experience using data science environments (pandas, pytorch, etc…)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to solve custom deep learning tasks end-to-end (data formatting, preprocessing, deep learning coding, debugging, etc...).
- Strong coding skills and automation mindset.
- BS or MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field